After finishing our studies, we all have to focus on our careers and choosing the best career is most important in the starting phase. When we think about a job we have a fixed salary and security but a 9 to 5 job can’t make us rich and provide comfort.
Some of us think about doing business but with a blank pocket how can we start a business?
It’s very tough for a fresher. Isn’t it Right ??
So my friend, Please do not wait as we are here to discuss this topic very widely. We will compare both the pros and cons of finding a business vs. a job, which is better for us?
Let’s start our discussion with an intro to Job.
What is a Job?
Job is a kind of work that we get from anyone and earn money from them. They provide us with fixed money or it may be commission basis.
Employees who work full-time have a fixed time of 8 to 12 hours. If we are doing a job that means there is an owner or boss who assigns us work we need to do.
So, friends, I hope that you have understood some important points of the Job but what about business? Do you know about it?
I think it would be better if we also take some knowledge about it. Let’s continue our journey with an intro to Business.
What is a Business?
It is an activity to earn a living or profit by producing, selling, or buying anything. Its main motive is to earn a profit from goods or services and to satisfy our client’s or customers’ needs.
If we are doing business that means we are the boss or owner of our work there is no one who assigns us the work. Our business’ success fully depends on us and our hard work. We can decide anything or everything in our business.
As we have understood some key things in a job or a business, we should move forward and get to the point.
So what you are thinking about starting a business or finding a job to security in finance?
I think you are still confused. Let’s continue our walk.
Business vs Job
I am providing a table to understand which one is better for your career. But always keep in mind our interest is most preferred. If we want to do a job or start a business we should prefer what we want to do. We can succeed in that field with proper knowledge and skills.
Benefits of Having a Job
|Factors to Consider||Business||Job|
|Financial Resources||It require financial investment||No investment|
|Risk Tolerance||High risk but provides high rewards||Lower risk and lower reward|
|Autonomy||Complete control over commercial decisions||Limited control over task and schedule|
|Work-life balance||Flexibility in setting own schedule||Fixed hours and limited flexibility|
|Job Security||Business success is uncertain|| Stability with well-known companies|
|Skills||Need to possess a high area of skills||Focus on a specific area of expertise|
Benefits of Having a Job
We all want to earn risk-free money and in a fixed amount and we know very well that a Job is the best option for this. But is this the only benefit of taking a job?
No, Here is the grand list of benefits of working as a full-time employee.
- Financial Security – It is the first and most preferred benefit of having a job. We can use this money to save for our future and expenses for our living.
- Health Insurance – Some companies provide us with health insurance that helps a lot financially when we need it on an urgent basis.
- Improved Mental and Physical Health – When we work in a workplace it refreshes our mind and improves physical health by doing physical activities like walking in our workplace, having lunch with team members, and gossiping at break time.
- Gaining Experience – When we do a job we face good or bad both times in it. Sometimes we get a lot of pressure to complete it as soon as possible and sometimes we enjoy it as our daily routine. We get this type of experience it helps us to be more confident and active in every situation.
- Self-independence – When we get a job we feel that we are financially self-dependent. We can make our financial decisions and can do more things which we like.
- Benefits & Perks – Different Jobs provide different perks and benefits like travel to abroad or small trips with team members. Some companies provide paid sick leave. I like this perk very much, haha!
- Easy to Plan – Our job has fixed timing and fixed routine so we can easily schedule our trips, vacations, or free time to spend with family.
Business vs. Job: Challenges in a Job
When we are discussing this topic, I want to know that when I started my career, I found a job and found many things that distract my mind while working.
Also, I found a rare chance of promotion, switching a job is also very complicated. We do not get appreciation but sometimes they will.
Workplace politics is also a very bad aspect that affects our professional workplace. We follow strict rules to survive in our job.
Advantages of Business
If we are planning to start our business we should know the pros and cons of business. If you want to be an entrepreneur you must read the below advantages as you will definitely get these advantages if you work properly and consistently.
- Being your own Boss – When we start our business we feel independent in our work as no one can assign us to work and we can do our work in any way we want no one can fire us and no competition with other employees.
- Providing Employment – When we have a business we can help people by providing them employment and developing their skills.
- Gain New Experience – When we handle a business we do a lot of work in various fields, like marketing, management, and financial ethics. All these things help a lot to gain new experiences in multiple fields.
- Profits – By doing business we can earn a high income and it depends upon our profit It may be higher or smaller but there is not any fixed salary.
- Can Achieve Your Goal – When we own a business that we want to do we step ahead to our dreams or goals. We achieve our vision and become what we want to be.
Business vs. Job: Challenges in Business
Requirements of Funds
It is the first challenge in starting a business as an entrepreneur as every business needs funds for investment. Entrepreneurs should be risk-taking and there is a huge possibility of losses at an early stage.
We should have to manage deadlines to complete all the tasks at appropriate times like meeting with clients, handling finance and marketing. Before starting a business we should gain proper knowledge in our field.
Fulfill Customer Needs
When we get any requirement from our clients/ customers we prefer their requirements but sometimes we are unable to fulfill their requirements and it becomes very challenging. Understanding market trends and following them properly helps us to fulfill our client’s requirements.
We have compared Business vs. Job and discussed many factors to consider which is perfect for us. And last, I just want to say always research the market and analyze the scope in which you want to enter. Doesn’t matter if It is a job or a business both take time for perfection and to gain experience.
Always have some patience and take good steps toward your career with a bold decision. As our decisions build our dreams and goals.
How and where do we find a Job?
In the digital era, many platforms are providing online work or offline work to their offices.
Is a Job safe or not?
A job is not secure for everyone forever. But we can assume that having a job provides us with a fixed fund not more but not less. It is a good point of the job.
How we can start a business?
We can start a business in 2023 with these steps.
- Start with a unique and good business idea.
- Proper research and planning
- Business plan
- Able to take a risk in finance
- Have good knowledge in that field
Is it safe to start a business without money?
Yes, it is. You don’t need money to start a business. But you have some patience and resourcefulness as no one can get success in one night. When your business is successful you will get a lot of money and free time to enjoy.